Lost Firestick, New One Demands I Enter Old Code, Eeek!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whitequeen96, May 1, 2024.

1. whitequeen96

whitequeen96 Private First Class

Bought an Amazon Smart TV last Christmas for my kid and I put a parental code on it. I never revisited it, so forgot it. We had to move unexpectedly in March and I'm finally unpacking things. I can't find the firestick, so I bought a new one. But my TV is demanding I enter the code before it lets the new firestick work and before I can set up the TV.
    First of all, are the codes usually 5 digits? I've made a list of possible codes to enter, but if they can be 4 or 6 digits, it would take forever. And is there a way to get around this problem?
    Losing my mind, as well as my marbles!

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Reset Your Child PIN on Your Fire TV Device
    Your child PIN keeps kids in their profiles where they can only see kid-friendly and parent-approved content. If you forgot your child PIN, use these steps to reset it.

Tip: If you need to reset your Parental Control PIN, go to your Prime Video Settings - Restrictions. Your Parental Control PIN restricts purchases, videos, and certain types of content in adult profiles.

To reset your child PIN:

1. When prompted to enter a Child PIN, try entering your PIN.
      If the PIN is incorrect, a code appears below the PIN prompt.
    2. Visit the amazon.com/code page.
    3. Sign in with your Amazon login and password.
    4. Enter the reset code shown on your Fire TV in the text box on the Amazon Code page and select Continue.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your child PIN.

3. whitequeen96

whitequeen96 Private First Class

Thank you, you're a life saver! I will try this tonight!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds