Browser Not Responding

Discussion in 'Software' started by belting, Oct 5, 2011.

1. belting

belting Private E-2

Firefox, IE, Google Chrome, Opera are all acting the same.

Keep getting "Program Not Responding" "Unresponsive Script"

Unable to surf with multiple tabs open because everything slows and then stops.

IE is just about allowing me to open one tab and surf.

Have done scans with Avira, Housecall, Advanced System Care, Norton, mcAfee & PCPitstop. Nothing makes any difference.

Have updated all out of date drivers.

I just do not know what to do next.

PLEASE HELP ME. Les

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

How do you connect to the internet?
    It might be an ISP problem, not a computer problem.

You also failed to mention what version of windows you are running and the versions of every browser you tried.

3. belting

belting Private E-2

We have 2 computers connected to our ISP Primetel, via phoneline, but my wife's PC is ok.

We both have Windows 7 Professional.

Google Chrome & Opera have only just been downloaded over the last 2 weeks and are the latest versions available.

Firefox was the latest free version and was recently updated.

IE was updated to Version 9 i believe it is. We only use the latest updates.

Hope this has filled in some of the blanks.

Les

4. plodr

Since one computer works and the other doesn't, we'll look at a possible software issue. Fire up the browser in both then open task manager in both.
    Look at what is running and list any processes on the problem computer that are not on the working computer.

5. belting

belting Private E-2

There are 3 Extensions not on my wife's PC;

Extension ClixSense.com
    Extension FreeTrafficBar
    Extension PTC Service

ClixSense Toolbar is the only item that has been on the whole time I have had trouble. I have been led to believe there may be a conflict between Clixsense toolbar & Avira, which has only recently been installed to replace AVG, partly because of the problems.

Les.

6. plodr

The easiest way to determine if that is the problem is to disable the extension and see if the problem disappears.

7. belting

belting Private E-2

Many thanks for your help & patience.
    You have saved my sanity.

I have completely removed the ClixSense toolbar & now have my PC back.
    I have also contacted Clixsense, but what happened to me is obviously too rare for them to do anything about it. But all that matters is that the problem is solved and all THANKS to you.

Les.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds